Hamilton Engine is part of the Palmer Johnson Enterprises family of companies.
Hamilton Engine is part of the Palmer Johnson Enterprises family of companies. We provide you the opportunity to leave your mark, while also having the support and stability of a parent company who has been in business for 40+ years. As part of our customer service team, you will learn the Hamilton (Deutz, Isuzu, Scania, and more) product, you will be considered a key resource to growing our Midwest presence.
We encourage continued growth through our personal and professional development platform and are proud to provide a robust benefits package that focuses on wellness and giving back to our community. All career opportunities at Hamilton Engine require a background check and drug screening.
Palmer Johnson Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to hiring a diverse workforce representing the many personalities and the cultures in our world.
To apply, send your resume to HR-HE@hamiltonengine.com
- Diesel Service Technical Trainer
- Director of Sales & Marketing
Position Title: Diesel Service Technical Trainer
Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Full-time
Does the idea of using your Mechanical knowledge to train other Technicians interest you? The Diesel Service Technical Trainer will be responsible for the development, coordination, and facilitation of technical systems training for Dealers and Technicians. This role will focus on the areas of foundational systems (diesel, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, powertrain), new product introduction, heavy equipment, trucks, and engines (electrical, diagnostic, on-highway powertrains, emission solutions), failure analysis and salvage guidelines, and customer solutions training. This position will be catering to a vast skill set of technicians from foundational to advanced level. The training provided will be conducted in a virtual, classroom, and/or lab setting.
Essential & Primary Job Duties:
- Facilitate learning in classroom, on-the-job, and electronic settings, managing all aspects of the learning environment.
- Design and develop curriculum while taking ownership of supplier-provided training content including course content, instructor’s guides, training aids, handouts, hands-on activities, and assessments.
- Revise courses and update materials based on changes in technology and equipment.
- Develop training plans, individualized and organizationally for diesel engine training provided to service dealers and our Palmer Johnson Enterprise technicians.
- Collaborate with product and technical support, manufacturer representatives, service managers, and dealers to ensure training needs are being met and establish training-related objectives/key results.
- Coordinate class rosters, schedules, equipment, facilities, and evaluation data related to scheduled courses and other activities related to areas of expertise and utilize our supplier's systems to track training for participants.
- Keep current on areas of expertise, to remain a subject-matter expert within area of specialization.
- As a trained diesel engine expert, it is expected that you will also possess the skills to provide technical support both internally and externally. This could come in the form of email, phone, or in-person support to our valuable customers.
- Work hands-on with our service and engineering teams while supporting OEM installation reviews.
Tell Us About Yourself:
- Tell us about your Diesel, engine, heavy equipment, automotive, or other related mechanical knowledge, training, and experience. 5+ years in relevant field required.
- Share with us the systems and areas of Diesel repair that you are most experienced in.
- We would love to know if you have any prior training/presenting experience, so tell us about your presentation skills.
Position Title: Director of Sales & Marketing
Location: Portland, OR or Madison, WI
Job Type: Full-time
Hamilton Engine and Trident Engineered Solutions are growing and looking to hire a Director of Sales & Marketing. The Director of Sales & Marketing will work to develop and manage the engine and value-add engineering sales & marketing strategy for Hamilton Engine & Trident Engineered Solutions. You are tasked with setting the strategy for growth of the OEM and Dealer Channels across the variety of markets & industries served by our businesses.
Because we are a small team looking to scale quickly, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and highly collaborative. You’re who we are looking for if:
- You are a great team leader, and communicator (verbal and written); capable of not just doing the work but teaching others – people like working with you.
- You have the vision to see opportunities, anticipate needs, and identify solutions.
- A focus on key business results including departmental OKR’s.
- Proof you care about customers, are metrics-driven, possess the passion, and have a technical aptitude.
- Experience in sales, marketing, and operations of diesel engine distribution, heavy equipment manufacturing, and service and/or engineered solutions.
- You get excited just thinking about future technologies, have experience in leading sales & marketing initiatives, and want to be a part of helping to change the direction of an entire industry.
Why you should want to join Hamilton Engine and Trident Engineered Solutions.
Hamilton Engine is a leading independent, growing industrial diesel engine distributor, representing Deutz and Isuzu in the Pacific Northwest and Scania in the Midwest and Northern Great Plains. With locations in Portland, OR and just outside of Madison, WI we offer diesel engines, parts, and service to markets from the heart of the Midwestern agriculture businesses to the final frontiers of Alaskan mining, forestry, & marine markets, and everything in between.
Trident Engineered Solutions is a full-service design, build, and support off-highway engineering organization. As part of the Palmer Johnson Enterprises family, they offer a unique combination of product expertise and access, along with engineering expertise in equipment manufacturing to offer a one-stop-shop to OEM’s looking for everything from component application support to contract to manufacture, and everything in between.
As an employee of Hamilton Engine and Trident Engineered Solutions, you join a family that’s part of a larger family, Palmer Johnson Enterprises. We could tell you about the awards we’ve won, or the fun times we’ve had, or the giant aspirations we are discussing, but you can read about all that on our websites (and see the pictures that prove it’s real). What’s important is the fact that we are growing something special and you will want to be a part of that. With the acquisition of Hamilton Engine and start-up/spin-out of Trident Engineered Solutions in 2020, PJE created a one-of-a-kind offering. No one has the combination of product access, engineering know-how, or service prowess & footprint that the three organizations combined together have. By becoming a member of the PJE family, you can help share this unique offering and culture with our customers and show them what we are made of.
How do you know if you are the right candidate?
For many roles within our business, there are not degrees that help you figure out how to do what we do.
- If you are capable of learning through osmosis and experience but can handle that on a steep learning trajectory, then you could be a future Hamilton Engine employee.
Our business models are innovative but not fully defined. Trident is still in “start-up mode” and Hamilton is on the heels of a second acquisition integration in less than 4 years.
- Does helping to create the story we tell our customers, excite you?
- Does being a part of something new, exciting, and yet to be defined excite you?
- Do you enjoy change and continuous improvement?
- Do you excel in ambiguous situations?
- Do you embrace a bit of chaos and have a demonstrated ability to turn opportunities from improvement into action?
- Do you live in or are you willing to relocate to Madison, WI or Portland, OR?
If this sounds like everything you are looking for in your next career, now is the time to apply! We care about our people’s personal well-being, health, and safety. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes 401(k), health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, wellness, and paid time off including eight paid holidays.
Palmer Johnson Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to hiring a diverse workforce representing the many personalities and cultures in our world. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, send your resume to HR-HE@hamiltonengine.com