Hamilton Engine is part of the Palmer Johnson Enterprises family of companies.
Hamilton Engine is part of the Palmer Johnson Enterprises family of companies. We provide you the opportunity to leave your mark, while also having the support and stability of a parent company who has been in business for 40+ years. As part of our customer service team, you will learn the Hamilton (Deutz, Isuzu, Scania, and more) product, you will be considered a key resource to growing our Midwest presence.
We encourage continued growth through our personal and professional development platform and are proud to provide a robust benefits package that focuses on wellness and giving back to our community. All career opportunities at Hamilton Engine require a background check and drug screening.
Palmer Johnson Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to hiring a diverse workforce representing the many personalities and the cultures in our world.
To apply, send your resume to HR-HE@hamiltonengine.com
Field Service Technician
Regional Sales Manager
Position Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Sumner, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Hamilton Engine has a great opportunity for a full-time Field Service Technician with experience with engines, generators, and equipment in Sumner, Washington. The Field Service Technician is responsible for working safely in the field performing electronic diagnostics, trouble-shooting, field repairs, and inspection of engines and equipment. The role will be versatile and the right candidate will be a problem-solver that enjoys the challenge of working in a variety of applications within the heavy-duty off-highway environment.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with customers and vendors. This is accomplished by identifying and providing solutions to engine and equipment malfunctions and failures through the inspection, diagnosis, repair, and preparation of units in a satisfactory and timely fashion in the field. Our field technicians are often in charge of overseeing the entire job in the field for the customer from diagnosis to repair or removal, installation, and testing. We lean heavily on this role to be able to work professionally throughout the entire repair process and document their work. Being versatile and willing to work on a variety of products and in a variety of industries will be a definite plus for this individual.
Hamilton Engine is an independent, growing industrial diesel engine distributor, representing Deutz and Isuzu in the Pacific Northwest and Scania in the Midwest and Northern Great Plains. With locations in Portland, OR, Madison, WI, and now expanding into Washington, we offer diesel engines, parts, and service to markets from the heart of the Midwestern agriculture businesses to the frontiers of Alaskan mining, forestry & marine markets, and everything in between.
How do you know if you are the right fit for this job…if you can answer the following questions “yes!” then we want you to apply!
- Do you have strong mechanical field experience as well as a high electronic aptitude?
- Do you have a passion for electronic diagnostics, wiring, equipment, and component electronics experience?
- Do you have experience working with heavy equipment and engines?
- Do you have a technical degree in diesel or automotive (preferred but not required)?
- Are you willing to travel and spend nights away from home to get the job done?
- Are you skilled in troubleshooting, failure analysis, and basic hydraulic principles?
- Are you able to work independently with minimal, and in some cases, no guidance?
- Are you able to read assembly manuals, drawings, and schematics?
- Do you have a valid driver's license?
- Are you in good physical condition (the ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for 8 consecutive hours)?
- Do you have the ability to communicate well with customers (verbally and written/typed)
- Do you have a high sense of urgency?
- Vocational or Military mechanic training, preferably in diesel
- Mid-level diesel or automotive mechanics
- At least 2 years experience working in the repair of industrial, off-road vehicles and/or engines
- Experience in maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of gas, diesel, hydraulic, and electrical systems
Our Field Service Technicians work a M-F daytime shift. Most of the work is in the field with overnight stays possible, as well as minimal in-shop work. We provide ongoing OEM factory training on specific products and lines and technicians are encouraged to attend other training programs that will improve their job skills. We would provide product training both at PJE and through our extensive vendor partnerships.
Position Title: Regional Sales Manager
Location: Remote / Portland, OR
Job Type: Full-time
Hamilton Engine has a great opportunity for a Regional Sales Manager in Portland, OR. The Regional Sales Manager will work to identify opportunities and grow OEM Engine targets and sales in the Pacific Northwest. This position focuses on identifying, connecting, and communicating sales opportunities to drive growth, assist and execute business strategies.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for establishing and developing personal relationships with OEM's. They will assist in facilitating programs, campaigns, promotions, and new products. This person will enable and support the sales team to build our sales pipeline while working with the Dealer Development Manager to continue supporting our dealer networks. They will also create quotes, manage orders, and work with vendors for accurate pricing and delivery times.
How do you know if you are the right fit for this job? If you can answer the following questions “yes!” then we want you to apply!
- Do you have extensive experience in communicating and growing brands and sales initiatives?
- Are you a strategic thinker with experience creating and executing sales account plans/strategies?
- Do you have diesel engine product knowledge?
- Do you have strong computer skills and the ability to learn new software and programs (experience with Salesforce a plus)?
- Do you have a passion for providing a positive customer experience?
- Are you a strong communicator and presenter on the phone, email, and in-person?
- Do you have a demonstrated ability to identify customer needs and develop solutions?
- Do you have a positive attitude and are fun-spirited?
- Do you have a continuous improvement mindset?
- Are you team-oriented, but self-motivated?
- Do you have strong problem-solving skills?
- Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Sales, or Communications? (Desired, but not required).
*Travel for this role is expected between 30 - 50%.
Hamilton is open Monday through Friday during 1st shift hours- no evenings or weekends! Regular attendance is required to fulfill these job duties. We pride ourselves on a fun, flexible, and un-corporate culture and care about our people’s personal well-being, health, and safety. If this sounds like everything you are looking for in your next career, now is the time to apply!
As an employee of Hamilton Engine, you join a family that’s part of a larger family, Palmer Johnson Enterprises. We could tell you about the awards we’ve won, or the fun times we’ve had, or the giant aspirations we have, but you can read about all that on our websites (and see the pictures that prove it’s real). What’s important is the fact that we are growing something special and you will want to be a part of that. With the acquisition of Hamilton Engine and start-up/spin-out of Trident Engineered Solutions in 2020, PJE created a one-of-a-kind offering. No one has the combination of product access, engineering know-how, and service prowess & footprint that the three organizations combined together have. By becoming a member of the PJE family, you can help share this unique offering and culture with our customers and show them what we are made of.
If this sounds like everything you are looking for in your next career, now is the time to apply! We care about our people’s personal well-being, health, and safety. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes 401(k), health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, wellness, and paid time off including eight paid holidays.
If you like what you see here, please apply by clicking the button at the bottom of the screen. A real human will review your information and get back to you if we think you’re a great fit. This position requires a background check, drug screening, and human performance evaluation.
Palmer Johnson Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to hiring a diverse workforce representing the many personalities and cultures in our world. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, send your resume to HR-HE@hamiltonengine.com